COVID 19 : HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSE
How to clean and sanitize your computer monitor
Here are a few suggestions on how to clean and sanitize your monitor for a safer working environment.
The following chemicals may be used for disinfecting and cleaning EIZO monitors and accessories.
- Do not use chemicals on a frequent basis. Chemicals such as alcohol and antiseptic solution may cause gloss variation, tarnishing, and fading of the cabinet or panel, and also quality deterioration of the image. Revert to ScreenCleaner (see below) if deterioration starts to become apparent.
- Never use any thinner, benzene, wax, and abrasive cleaner, which may damage the cabinet or panel.
- Gently wipe off any dirt on the cabinet or panel surface with a soft cloth with a small amount of cleaner applied. Do not let chemicals come into direct contact with the monitor (place on soft cloth first). Eizo screen cleaner cloth, or a similar soft microfiber cloth such as that supplied with lens cleaner kits or glasses cleaner kits will suffice.
- Please read the product's instructions for usage details.
|CuratOR EX Series||EX3241, EX3140, EX3220, EX2721, EX2621, EX2620, EX3141-3D, EX3220-3D, EX2620-3D|
|RadiForce Series||RX1270, RX850, RX660, RX560, RX440, RX360, RX350, RX250, GX560, GX340, GX240, MX315W, MX242W, MX216, MX215, MX194, MX191, MS236WT, RadiLight|
|Other EIZO Products||EIZO products other than CuratOR EX and RadiForce (e.g., FlexScan, ColorEdge, etc.)|
Tested Chemicals and Cleaning solutions
We have tested the following chemicals and cleaners with our products.
Please ensure chemicals are diluted in accordance with safe household usage (e.g. for cleaning tabletops, furniture, objects, etc.) before applying.
Screen Cleaner (NOT disinfectant)
|Ethanol (alcohol) for disinfection||Ethanol||Yes||Yes *1||See note *1|
|Isopropyl alcohol||Isopropyl alcohol||Yes||Yes *1||See note *1|
|Benzalkonium chloride||Welpas||Yes||Yes *2||N/A|
|Chlorhexidine||Hibitane||No *4||Yes *2||N/A|
|Alkyldiaminoethylglycine||Tego 51||No *4||Yes *3||N/A|
|Sodium hypochlorite||Purelox||No||No *5||N/A|
|Hydrogen peroxide||Hydrogen peroxide sol'n||Yes||N/A||N/A|
|Alkyldiaminoethylglycine hydrochloride||Satenidin solution||Yes||N/A||N/A|
|Benzethonium chloride||Bezeton solution||Yes||N/A||N/A|
*1: Cannot be used on RadiLight. Although Eizo ScreenCleaner is the official recommendation for our FlexScan and ColorEdge models, we note that these models are made of similar materials to our Radiforce models. We do understand some of you may want to disinfect your ColorEdge or FlexScan monitors over the coming weeks and months (clean vs disinfect clarification below). These two alcohol products are the least harsh of the listed chemicals, although please use these products cautiously (see precautions above). Prolonged or heavy regular use will scuff the screen coating or plastic bezel/stand. We recommend you test the alcohol solution on a small unobtrusive part of the panel and casing before proceeding to disinfect the entire monitor. In addition, check the monitor thoroughly after each disinfection. If scuffing or discolouration occurs, discontinue use.
*2: Cannot be used on RX1270
*3: Cannot be used on GX340 or GX240
*4: Can be used on EX2721 only
*5: Can be used on RX850, RX440, RX250, MX242W, MX216, MX215, MX194, MS236WT and RadiLight only
Cleaning vs Disinfecting
- Cleaning refers to the removal of germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces. It does not kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
- Disinfecting refers to using chemicals, for example, EPA-registered disinfectants, to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
Courtesy of: www.cdc.gov For more information on cleaning and disinfecting household items: Click here.
EIZO Screen Cleaner
EIZO ScreenCleaner is the safest way to clean and preserve your EIZO.
For those who would like to purchase a kit, please get in touch with one of our authorized resellers or contact us.
An Alternative - some EIZO customers tell us they have had success with a good quality photographic lens cleaner/cloth kit or a good quality eyeglasses cleaner/cloth kit. If you would like to compare ingredients, click here for the Eizo ScreenCleaner chemical composition.
We hope this page has been helpful. You are welcome to contact us if you have any questions.
We take this opportunity to wish you a safe and healthy journey through the coming period.